The banking sector is one of the most preferred sectors for jobs in India as Jobs in this sector generally provides a handsome salary along with job security and a decent amount of holidays. Earlier it Banking Jobs was mostly crowded by candidates from commerce background but now the scenario has changed and now everyone has an equal chance for jobs in this sector be it from commerce background, science background or arts background. There are no compulsory courses as such for entering into the Banking sector.
Criteria for jobs
For having a job in Banking industry one must be a graduate first and after that, he may apply for exams held by various institutions (mostly Banks itself) and clear the exams and interviews for securing the job. The procedure of getting Jobs in Banking sector depends upon the type of Bank aspirant is trying for, that is, public sector Bank or private sector Bank. For Jobs in public sector banks ( like SBI, PNB, Bank of Baroda, etcetera) aspirants must qualify Banking exams conducted by IBPS, SBI, RBI, NABARD, Regional Rural Banks etcetera, for PO, clerks and special officers as per the requirement and vacancies. Whereas for getting Jobs in private sector banks aspirant may have to complete paid courses offered by them or they may have to qualify exams conducted by such Banks.
Traditional ideal courses
Nowadays there is no specific course obligation for getting jobs in the banking sector, yet there are various traditional courses after 12th that are considered ideal for getting jobs in these industries.
Let us have a look at some of such Jobs:-
- B.Com.- It is an abbreviation for bachelors of commerce. This is an undergraduate level program which is most popular among all the 12 pass outs from commerce stream. It is a 3 years long course.
- Bachelor of Economics- It is also a 3 years long program for undergraduates degree which is very good for students who are interested in economics.
- Bachelor’s of finance and accounting- It is again a 3 years long undergraduate program which deals in finance and accounting. It is considered as an ideal course for Banking aspirants.
- Charted Accountant(CA)- CA course offers great range of Jobs related to commerce streams, which includes Jobs in Banking sector also. Banks hire CA for Accounting and audit Jobs.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)- Just like CA, CMA professionals are also hired by Banks for Accounting and auditing Jobs.