In this article, we’ll provide you the basics, features, and aims of Finance.
What is Finance
- Finance means money management and other valuables that are easily cash convertible.
- It is concerned with the creation and maintenance of economic value or wealth.
- In other words, it is a science that describes:
- Creation and Study of Money
- Assets and
Features of Finance
- Funds Channelisation
The financial sector and markets perform this function by channeling funds from people who have its surplus to those with its shortage. Like Mutual Funds.
- Acquisition, Allocation and Fund Utilisation
Businesses need ways to raise input funds. Post that they need to be allocated to its various projects and services depending on the criticality of the situation. But in the process, it should ensure their effective and efficient utilization to achieve the objective behind all this i.e Good ROI’s. (RO I: Return on Investment)
What is the aim behind Finance
- The anticipation of needed funds
Before doing anything, there is a need for evaluation of available assets and projects. The selection of best assets and projects helps in better anticipation for the needed funds.
- Acquisition of Anticipated funds
The prime objective behind finance is to assess the needs of a firm and then arrange them from appropriate sources.
Role Of Finance Manager
- Financial Planning
- Source Identification
- Funds Raising
- Cash Flow Forecast
- Asset Management
- ROI Forecast
- Profit Distribution
- Capital Protection
- Time Schedule and
- Fund Management
- Finance Manager acts as a SPOC : (Single Point Of Control) in audit and control practices in an organization.
- He / She also acts as a SPOC in M&A’s: Mergers and Acquisitions
- He / She works across the functional company divides, alongside exhibiting leadership skills.
- He / She has a continuous focus and commitment towards the value creation of an organization.
In all, when it comes to the Basics of Finance there is a lot to be learned about. A search on Google and Investopedia can be of great help in this regard.
Read More: Graduated Finance Degree? See What You Can Do Next!