As the name suggests, this article is about finance director job description.
Finance Director’s Job Purpose
He / She is responsible for the:
- Results, and
Of an organisation’s finance department. They provide the much needed financial advice and support to help company’s senior executives make key decisions.
Finance Director Skills and Qualifications
He / She has an Advanced degree in:
- Finance, or a
- Related field
He / She has several years of industry or professional experience in:
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Leadership skills
- Management experience
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Exceptional communication skills : Both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Superior attention to details
- Organisational skills
- Planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Computer skills and
- Multi-tasking skills
Job Duties of a Finance Director
- He / She Oversees, reviews, and adheres to the budget allocated to each business department.
- He / She Assists in company-wide budgetary planning.
- He / She Ensures that all of the company’s financial practices are in line with land’s statutory regulations and legislations.
- He / She Analyses the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future.
- He / She Interprets complex financial information and provides updates and information as and when required.
- He / She Monitors cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- He / She Supervises financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing and payroll etc.
- He / She Prepares official reports on both monthly and annual basis.
- He / She Seeks out methods and practices in order to minimise financial risk.
- He / She Contracts auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date.
- He / She Creates and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants.
- He / She Updates and implement financial policies and procedures.
- He / She Maintains a policy manual for the finance department.
- He / She Works with human resources department to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department.
- He / She Establishes and implements a training program for newly recruited finance employees.
If you wish to know more in detail, about the Job Description of a Finance Director, then reach out to your Educational Institution’s Commerce Professor.