IBanking involves the raising of capital for firms, through either issuing debt or selling equity. It also includes the peripheral tasks of managing M&A, advisory, and other corporate finance services. iBanking is one of the most lucrative jobs in the field. iBanking Analyst is one of the midlevel designations in iBanking. Also known as a security analyst, they research investments for fund managers, so decisions can be made on portfolios that the bank manages. The iBanking Analyst’s salary is conducive to his post and is one of the most well-paying jobs in the banking sector.
An iBanking analyst should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from a target school or equivalent.
- MBA or equivalent work experience, training or education.
- 3 or more years’ experience as an associate position in finance or business background.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills, especially in explaining market events.
- Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals.
- Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with frequent priority changes.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision.
The job of an iBanking Analyst can be pretty stressful as it requires precise details. The working hours can also vary depending on the ongoing task. But as an iBanking analyst one should be prepared to work long hours that can go beyond 40 hours every week or more.
Average Base Pay – ₹902,800/yr
Low – ₹353K
Average – ₹903K
High – ₹1,550K
Investment Banking salaries in India are unlike those paid to analysts in other countries primarily due to low fee incomes for Investment banks in this country. The average salary at banks like Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Nomura, and JP Morgan range from a fixed pay of INR 1.2 million to INR2.2m with the bonus ranging between 40–80% depending on bank’s performance in that fiscal year. Boutique investment banks like Avendus, Rothschild, o3 Capital, ArpCapital and the likes pay around INR 0.8–1m with a bonus component of around 60–70%. This category also includes the likes of SBI Capital, Kotak, Yes Bank, etc.
iBanking analyst’s salary and pay packet include a base salary, bonus and profit sharing which makes it one of the best paid in the industry.